New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

GarageBand loop query

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MartinS

MartinS is a jewel in the roughMartinS is a jewel in the rough

I have a loop that I've dragged into a song and edited. However, I now want to change it back but can't. If I select the loop in the loop browser for a preview it plays as it was originally; if I drag it into the song it reverts to the edited version I don't want. I've even tried deleting track and dragging it in again to make new track, but it still reverts to the edited version.

Any ideas?

www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Have you tried deleting the «bad» track with the modified loop you don't want anymore, duplicating the loop's original version, renaming it and adding it back again on a new track?
QUOTE Thanks
MartinS

This is still a problem for me - now on a different track. The potential is that every loop I edit becomes corrupt in this way. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
QUOTE Thanks
MartinS

OK, I've found a (somewhat clumsy) workaround:

This is what happened:

I dragged a loop from the browser into the timeline to create a track.
The loop in this case was Louge Vibes 07.
In the track editor I shortened the loop as I only wanted to use the first few notes.
I then decieded I wanted to use the last few notes somewhere else in the same song.
In the loop browser, the loop played as it always did, in its original, unedited form.
But if I dragged the loop up to the timeline, it changed to the edited version.
I tried renaming the loops I'd already dragged to the song, but this changed nothing.

I then discovered that if I create a new song and drag the same loop into the timeline, it is unedited, ie, the full loop plays as in the browser preview.
I edited the loop to get the notes I wanted, copied it from the new song and pasted into the song I'd been having problems with. Lo and behold, the notes I want play, and the old edits are unaffected.

It's therefore clearly a problem within individual songs. The loops themselves are unaffected. I've posted this to the GarageBand team via the Feedback site, so hopefully it'll get sorted at some point in the future.

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to do BATCH downloads without paying ? | torrents »