New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Issue with Mac Safari browser

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

harryindia

We recently launched a site developed in .net. We claimed it will work on both windows and Mac machines untill we encountered an issue with a particular letter, The letter "t". It sounded very strange when few reported to me about this issue. The issue is when you type on any text fields the letter small "t" is not visible. I started researching on net and to my surprise I didnt find any issue or solution related to this. I read in a blog that ebay had a similar problem with Safari browser but there is no solution given.

Whatever it is when so many website work in safari why not my site, i am pretty sure i am using something which Safari renders it wrong. Had anyone come accross similar issues or can anyone suggest me what could be wrong here!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

How about posting the link here - I've never come across an issue like this before..
QUOTE Thanks
Mike.Bowden

Mike.Bowden is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"

I've had this issue on other sites myself. I think it may have something to do with font smoothing in mac but I'm not 100%. All I use is safari so I'd be more than happy to test it.
QUOTE Thanks
Chewbacca

Chewbacca is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz

I have to ask, has the site been tested in Firefox? (On the Mac and for Windows)

Also, does it use Javascript?

If it is a public site and you would like to post a link, users might be able to look at it and provide input that would be specific to their hardware and software.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Mod note: moving thread to proper forum

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free CD Burner? | firefox or camino? »