New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Macbook - Cool book?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fastjet

fastjet is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, anybody tried an application called 'cool book' to reduce temp probs with the Macbook?

Found the link on Macworld.com, sorry don't know how 2 paste the link here.

Just been reading about it's benefits, sure would be great 2b able to surf on yr lap.

Mine gets almost radioactive after a while and is now confined 2 sitting on a table when in use for prolonged periods.

Appreciate anything back, thanks,
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I don't about about CoolBook, but I use a program called SMCfancontrol which does the trick of cooling down my MacBook very nicely.
QUOTE Thanks
Quruli

I have to say that is an excellent programme, but what is the max fan speed of the fans, is it 6000rpm?
QUOTE Thanks
Bonzaisushi

Bonzaisushi is on a distinguished road

you shouldnt have to turn the fans up past 3500, id stay under 3500 and stay on the safe side.

:yinyang:
Mac Book Pro 17" 2 Gig Ram, 120 gig

Canon 1dMarkII // Canon 20D// Some Lenses
Bonzai Photography!Click me!
QUOTE Thanks
Quruli

What reasoning do you have that?

Nevermind found it myself. I will bare that in mind. Lucky I never used it at 6,000rpm for more than a few minutes.
QUOTE Thanks
phatgreatwall

the shareware version does not allow u to change the cpu frequency, which isnt much use. however i did purchase the full software for 10US dollars, which isnt a bad deal at all, and now i can control the CPU frequency, which makes it a lot better because im in class all the time, and the stupid fan noise is so loud ppl start to look at me, so now i can make it operate at 1GHz and lower the fan speed with the smcFanControl, 2 best combo softwares ever in my mind.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Flash editor | Help with LittleSnitch application.. »