New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iMac - Can't watch video (like youtube) on imac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bellastrada

bellastrada is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb

Hi!
My girlfriend have a :
iMac
CPU Type: PowerPC 750 (32.2)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 400 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
And when she try to watch a video on youtube or other site, the movie is Jerky. Is it a way to solve this problem?
Thanks

:cool: The day Microsoft makes something that doesn’t suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners... !

www.icompositions.com/artists/avanos68
QUOTE Thanks
Liam

Liam has a spectacular aura about

Have you tried using a different browser?
QUOTE Thanks
Liam

Liam has a spectacular aura about

Also, are you sure she is letting the video load enough? If the video hasn't fully buffered and she is trying to watch it then it is going to be jumpy and stop and start. Is her connection quick enough?
QUOTE Thanks
bellastrada

bellastrada is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb

Thanks Liam, but I think it'S not a browser problem and for the connection.. no problem there either. Maybe it's a bad preference in quicktime or flash...

BTW one other of my friend have the same problem with a 300mhz imac...maybe it's the video card that is not fast enough???

:cool: The day Microsoft makes something that doesn’t suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners... !

www.icompositions.com/artists/avanos68
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellastrada View Post
Thanks Liam, but I think it'S not a browser problem and for the connection.. no problem there either. Maybe it's a bad preference in quicktime or flash...

BTW one other of my friend have the same problem with a 300mhz imac...maybe it's the video card that is not fast enough???
It's a combonation of the CPU and Video Card. My 333Mhz iMac with 6Megs VRAM jerks very bad on You Tube. So does my Pentium II 300Mhz IBM Thinkpad with XP and 512Megs RAM.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Open Office 2.0.4 problems | iCal to Outlook »