New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

msn messenger for mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Toboe

Anyone here uses msn messenger 6.01here?
File transfering is extremely slow even when i had opened the necessary ports.
Anyone having this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

try aMSN. file transfering is still slow but its better than microsofts 1.

if not try adium
QUOTE Thanks
Toboe

I had already tried aMSN, the transfer speed is fantastic but it doesn't look as good as mac msn messenger.
Has anyone fix the slow transfer rate of mac messenger or is it just me that is having slow transfer?
QUOTE Thanks
Liam

Liam has a spectacular aura about

I don't know of any fixes, or any way to speed up the transfers. I have the same bother. You just have to either put up with it or email people stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

I hate Messenger for Mac it's just such a crap application, it's a shame they haven't provide a Windows Live Messenger for Mac with all the trimmings as version 6 is a travesty.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
Liam

Liam has a spectacular aura about

Agreed! I hate it, it's just like using MSN from years ago. The worst thing is all the other IM clients are even worse...
QUOTE Thanks
andy_st200

andy_st200 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15, 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

i love amsn.. i didnt buy a mac to run all ms apps on it

Line1:My Mac..
Line2:MacBook Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB 667 DDR2, 100GB Serial ATA drive (7200rpm), SuperDrive (DVD-RW/CD-RW), 15" Glossy Widescreen Display
Line3:
Line4:... born 11/09/2006
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_st200 View Post
I'm sorry and that point is valid because, so you are saying I should either buy a PC to run MS Software or don't use MS Software on a Mac.

Unfortunately I can't isolate myself when using my Mac, Microsoft have alot of popular Software and I need applications that support the same features as my PC counterpart's otherwise I'd isolate myself as MSN is the most popular IM in the Uk and those Multi-Clients and alternatives are crap and buggy.

Using Adium at the moment and although it's good and very customisable there are alot of errors and problems that arise.

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
That's just a ridiculous comment. You do realize that Microsoft is the largest Mac developer outside of Apple itself right? Some of their software is crap, but you know what, so are some Apple apps.

Hating MS just because it's Microsoft is not the best way to think about software. Judge each software app for what it is, not who makes it.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Toboe

Ok.. seems like i'm not the only one having this problem?
Anyway how do u change skin for aMSN? the guide is down on their website,
is it possible also to change the cursor when u mouse over to your contact?
Its pretty ugly, that hand cursor neye:
QUOTE Thanks
andy_st200

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
That's just a ridiculous comment. You do realize that Microsoft is the largest Mac developer outside of Apple itself right? Some of their software is crap, but you know what, so are some Apple apps.

Hating MS just because it's Microsoft is not the best way to think about software. Judge each software app for what it is, not who makes it.
so do i.. ive been in the IT industry 16yrs+ but i stand by my comments if i can find a way around something non MS for my mac then i use it.. which is why i have office as IMO theirs nothing better.. but msn is crap on the mac.. amsn is way better.. but on my pc amsn is crap compared to msn live

Line2:MacBook Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB 667 DDR2, 100GB Serial ATA drive (7200rpm), SuperDrive (DVD-RW/CD-RW), 15" Glossy Widescreen Display
Line3:
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

Quote:
if i can find a way around something non MS for my mac then i use it..
So you would prefer to use an inferrer product than a Microsoft Product?

I understand that you may find a better product than Microsoft's but to purely avoid using them even if they are better than their competitor is just ridiculous.

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
andy_st200

pmsl at you lot.. go in the switcher bit and everyone is going on about how crap MS are and in here you all bigging em up.. make up your minds

perhaps i should just go back to using a pc as mac doesnt have a supperior version of word/excel etc.. even outlook is better than apples effort...

still im not getting into this mac vs MS crap as its very boring.. and youve all gone off the original topic so shame on you!! P

Line3:
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

Not bigging them up, I wish they made alot of their products such as Windows Live Messenger on my Mac, but they don't and they do have problems with their products.

However If they do release a good product I 'm not going to use your mentality and not get it purely because MS made it. It should be based on it's own merits like schweb said.

I am a PC Switcher like most but MS make far from crap products in my View alot of their software is good, I don't like to isolate myself all my College Mates, Friends and Family use PCs and to a degree you must know someone who uses a PC and if you can both use the same software whether it's MS or otherwise it's always beneficial and they tend to be alot more compaitable that an alternative.

I do hate some of MS Products for Mac mainly because they are revamped versions of previous PC Software. All Microsoft Messenger for MAc reminds me of is MSN Messenger 6 for the PC

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
go in the switcher bit and everyone is going on about how crap MS are and in here you all bigging em up.. make up your minds
I'll smack down an MS basher in any forum, not just here. However with hundreds of posts a day, I don't read them all. If people are saying uninformed things, I'll point it out.

Quote:
perhaps i should just go back to using a pc as mac doesnt have a supperior version of word/excel etc.. even outlook is better than apples effort...
That's debatable. Office for Mac still has some features that I think kick the pants off the Windows version. It all depends on what you need I guess.

Quote:
still im not getting into this mac vs MS crap as its very boring.. and you've all gone off the original topic so shame on you!! P
I believe you were the one who started the MS bashing

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Final Cut Pro, easy to get? | Safari Address bar »