New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Paralell Window Size

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adammg

I have Paralells installed with Windows XP Pro to do home work for classes (Software requires Windows) ... My problem is when I open and launch XP in Paralells once it logs into Windows, the Paralells window expands with half of the window off the screen where I can't see the start button or the task bar ... Any way to resize it? There is no little adjuster on the right bottom hand corner ... Don't want to have to do full screen on it all the time especially since I got Messenger runnin on Mac and I miss IM's.
QUOTE Thanks
Jem

Jem will become famous soon enough

Change the screen resolution on the Windows XP desktop and the Parallels desktop resizes automatically. That should sort out your problem.
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

In the Windows OS, reduce the resolution. Goto Control Panel then Display and work your way from the Bottom up to find the ideal "Size". Also a handy tip is that while clicked in the Windows OS you can press Alt + Enter and it will make it full screen which is fairly handy.

Hope that helps.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

All of these are good and valid suggestions, and I have one more:

Make sure you've installed Parallels Tools for Windows. This will address the screen resizing as you go between full screen (alt-enter) and a window.

Any time you upgrade versions of Parallels, you need to reinstall Parallels Tools. It's kind of a pain, but once it's in place it's all good.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« QuickTime save/export problem | Problems with EarthLink Total Access »