New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Where to buy software?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sgt Beavis

Sgt Beavis is a jewel in the roughSgt Beavis is a jewel in the rough

I'm just looking for advice on where the best deals can be found on OSX software. I need to get Office and Photoshop. OEM licenses are acceptable as long as they're legal.....

Any advice or links would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm already aware of Ebay

Many thanks
QUOTE Thanks
relapse

relapse is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb

Apple.com is having a sale on MS Office for Mac right now. That'd be a good place to check out. In addition, you can purchase Photoshop directly from Adobe's website. I'm not sure about their prices though.

Also, newegg.com couldn't let you down even if they tried! Here's the direct link to some Mac apps you maybe in search of:
http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Su...ubCategory=371

Retail stores are probably the last place you want to look (i.e. Best Buy). Online is probably the easiest and most affordable option.

Hope that helps.

QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

there's a site I bought flash and dreamweaver from, which were HUGELY discounted. It's for Aussie students. Don't know if they ship, but if they do, you could save a bundle. eg. Photoshop CS2 is currently $389 on their site, and retails for $1456, saving you $1067 (US$817)

I got Flash 8 Pro shortly after it was released for around AU$200.
http://www.educationsoftware.com.au/
*prices are Aussie $$ by the way.

I also heard from somebody here that uni bookshops occassionally stock software at student rates. That's about all I can think of for now.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best P2P for Mac | ...handbrake, 100% completed problem... »