New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

...handbrake, 100% completed problem...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Loricybin

Loricybin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black 13 in. MacBook, 2 GHz CPU, 2G RAM, 100GB HD

so, i read about this in the past, handbrake making it to 100% complete, only to stop responding.

i am using files that i ripped with mac the ripper.

i searched back to find answers to this problem, but to my suprise oculdn't find any....

can anybody help me with this?

QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

which version of handbrake? I've never come across that problem myself. I've only had minor problems with Handbrake, but that was only when I first got it. Your best bet is probably making sure you have the latest version, so any bugs may have been ironed out, and to ensure it's universal binary.
QUOTE Thanks
Fromasta Flex

Fromasta Flex is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone

I have question, why rip with mactheripper first if you can go straight from dvd? (sorry for the separate question.)
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromasta Flex View Post
I have question, why rip with mactheripper first if you can go straight from dvd? (sorry for the separate question.)
my first guess is that it might be faster reading from a file on the HD than constantly reading from a DVD. I can't be sure since I've never used mactheripper - I got it, but never used it. I've always just used handrake straight from DVD's for convenience.

I suppose either way could work out to the same duration from start to finish.

QUOTE Thanks
Loricybin

Loricybin is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black 13 in. MacBook, 2 GHz CPU, 2G RAM, 100GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromasta Flex View Post
well, i did this at first, but encountered a problem where handbrake did not end up giving me the whole file. it successfully completed ripping (at first glance), but upon going to watch the movie i realized that it stopped ripping about halfway through, leaving me with a 35 minute copy of a 2 hour film.

i posted said problem in this thread, and (as you may read) their suggestion was to use mac the ripper to rip, and handbrake to further compress the files. the two programs have always worked well together, until i encountered this problem of fake 100%'s.

in fact, as mac the ripper rips significantly faster than handbrake, the time required to keep the physical disk in my drive is reduced, and i can have the dvd itself back to it's owner (who is always me, of course:cool more quickly. then i just compress the files in handbrake on my own time, and can watch my movie whenever i'd like.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where to buy software? | Awesome new plug-in for safari »