New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

DVD File Management Cataloguer Software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

printoff

Hi All.

My works currently back-up all files to dvds and then these are stored in a cupboard. The files on the dvds are filed in job numbers and we have to manually write in a folder what dvd number holds what jobs.

I've searched and searched on the net for some good cataloging software but can't find anything suitable.

I'd like some software that my room would be able to use to find any job in a matter of seconds, along time ago back on OS9 we used disktraker but this was only good for cd cataloging and wouldn't work with dvds.

Please can anyone help me, I know this software must exist but so far google hasn't helped me one bit.

Thanks in advance for any help

Printoff

(tried using the search also but got nothing)
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

this software [disco] that i noticed mentioned in some other thread, seems like it may do what you want - see section titled "Discography".

that probably won't help you with your old backups though; unless it reads and catalogues older data as well as newly created discs.
and my guess is that normal cataloguing software won't help either since it wouldn't be able to determine what it is you have on your discs (not a movie, not an album, etc).

you may just be best off with some sort of manually maintained database (excel, calc, access, etc).
QUOTE Thanks
lidador

lidador is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini Intel core duo - iBook G4

CDFinder must be all that you need.

http://www.cdfinder.de/index.html
QUOTE Thanks
printoff

cheers people

just downloading CDFinder now
QUOTE Thanks
xtophercaa

xtophercaa has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)

In my PC past, I used an application from Collectorz.com called, creatively, Movie Collector. They also create collection management software for music, books, comic books, video games, MP3s, photos, etc. They have OS X versions for music, movies and books. Might be worth a try too, but pricey at $49.95, in my opinion, and is probably more suited to managing collections of stuff than files.

Chris Ainsworth
Personal Blog
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I can't remember the name of this software | Anything as good as Trillian for OS X? »