New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problems with iPhoto

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

Lately I have been having issues with iPhoto. Photos that i have recently imported dont show up and when i select previous slideshows the programs crash. I've run verify disk and verify disk permissions and repair disk permissions. I'm not sure where they are stored on the HD so im not sure if it is just the program not displaying them or if the files have been deleted.

EDIT:
I found the files. it seems as though they are there but not showing in iPhoto. i tried to import a couple i knew were not showing up but it says it already exists.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Try this:

Hold down the option + command keys and then launch iPhoto.
You should see 4 options to rebuild your database and such.

I'd try the 3rd option to rebuild iPhoto's database and then possibly do the 4th to find all orphaned photos.
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

Thanks, I will try it when i get home tonight and post the results.
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

The options didn't work. what i ended up doing was taking all the pictures and moving them to my external HD and then removing everything in the iPhoto directory and re importing everything. I went from about 1000 photos to 3100 photos.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Good idea...glad you got it sorted out!

It's always annoying when you loose data, but of all the things I have on my mac, I think it's the pictures I would regret loosing the most. Music can be re-bought, files rewritten, but photos really are once in a lifetime things.

Always backup that library!
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Good idea...glad you got it sorted out!

It's always annoying when you loose data, but of all the things I have on my mac, I think it's the pictures I would regret loosing the most. Music can be re-bought, files rewritten, but photos really are once in a lifetime things.

Always backup that library!
I agree.
QUOTE Thanks
pitterpat

I am completely new to Mac and downloaded a bunch of photos from my phone and from emails. It worked fine but 2 days later all those pics disappeared. Has anyone had this problem? I know it's not part of this forum but my bookmarks disappeared as well.
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

One thing to check is your rolls. I've noticed that if you dont assign the pics to an album they only show up in the Rolls area. In preferences you can change the number of rolls that are listed.
QUOTE Thanks
pitterpat

I'll check that out when I get home today...THANKS!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft Office - Quick Question (HELP!) | Recomend Software for Avery Labels »