Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
    Mail Smart Mailboxes
    I am having a small problem with my Mail program and it's "smart" mailboxes. I have never used smart mailboxes before, but I decided to try them out just to see what exactly they were. Now I can't get them to do exactly what I want. I am a member of a googlegroups.com account (let's say macs-are-cool@googlegroups.com to make things easier). However, my mail app doesn't seem to recognize it the same way every time I get a message from it. By recognize, I mean, when I type it in my To: box to send to the group i start typing macs... and it automatically gives me the choice "Macs Are Cool" and I just use the down arrow and hit enter. Now a nice little blue bubble with "Macs Are Cool" is in the To: bar and I can send anything to the list because I know that it is really "macs-are-cool@googlegroups.com". But for some reason, when I recieve mail from the group from other members it shows up in the To: bar as one of three representations ("Macs Are Cool", "macs-are-cool", "macs-are-cool@googlegroups.com") So I have these three representations of the group address.

When i make a smart mailbox I used New SmartMailbox and then a window came up and I used "Any Recipient" "includes" "macs-are-cool@googlegroups.com". For some reason this only includes messages that have come in marked "Macs Are Cool" and NOT "macs-are-cool" or "macs-are-cool@googlegroups.com" the latter of which really really bothers me because that is explicitly what I entered in the smart mailbox. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks and sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be as descriptive as possible.

Gaines

Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
    Cool... no dice?

Quote Originally Posted by jdgaines View Post
    Cool... no dice?

I found a cool video tutorial which walks you through the set-up of a smart mailbox.

I would suggest that based on the lack of posts here, that you start again and using your experience, try to see if you can set up a new smart mailbox and get it to work the way you want it to.

The video can be accessed via a link in Section E : "New In Mail" : No. 3 "Using Smart Mailboxes"

http://www.atomiclearning.com/osx_tiger_orientation

This is all I can think of to suggest.

Thread Information