New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

microsoft office really slow and jerky

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

adam6969

Hello,
I have the macbook with the intel duo and I am thinking that might be why office is so slow (isn't optimized for the intel yet) but if I'm wrong, does anyone have any idea why I might be having this problem?

I just finished using office on my PC (which I haven't used in a long time) and everything worked so nice and fast...I'm rather dissapointed with how slow and jerky it is on my mac.

So if anyone has an idea or has the same problem and has figured out how to fix...please post.

Thanks,
Adam
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

heya

ms office is very slow of the mac at the moment because it hasnt be optimised for intel yet.

im not sure when an opptimised version is coming out but i dont think it will be far away seeing as the intel macs have been out for a while now.

try open office which i think is universal

or neo office which im pretty sure is universal.

cheers

chris
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Before you jump ship...

Office 2004 isn't exactly lightening fast on a G4 either - it's roughly the same speed on my 2.0ghz Core Duo as it is on my friend's 1.4ghz G4. The problem is when you have the formatting pane open, that changes as you browse around the document (at least in my experience).

Office 2007 (I had the beta before I switched) is also extremely slow on Windows XP (not so in Vista) so don't think it isn't just a case of office bloat.

Mac Office 2007 is supposed to be Intel specific, but if it has half the bloat Office 2007 has on Windows, it'll be no quicker.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

There won't be a Universal version probably until mid 2007

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Make sure you have the latest OS X update. 10.4.8 has some improvements in the Rosetta performance of Office.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newbie to dreamweaver | intel mac programs »