Specs:
    Mac's
    Skype Download ??? What happened???
    Ok.. so I went to download Skype tonight... It began the download process then got hung-up at 6.0MB of 22.7MB... it hung for about a minute... then stopped and read "Download failed"...

I tried again.... this time... smooth as butter... I dragged the image to my Applications as directed... HERE IS THE STRANGE PART... I double clicked the Skype icon in the apps. folder and EVERY SINGLE app. began to open... I mean everything... stuff started registering (Adium and aMSN).. Icons were bouncing all over the dock... I tried everything but couldn't get it to stop... eventually I resorted to just reaching around and pressing-holding the power button, then restarting... below is an image.. What happened???

TIA

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    you must have somehow had all of the applications selected and when you double clicked on skype it opened them all up
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Specs:
    Mac's
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    you must have somehow had all of the applications selected and when you double clicked on skype it opened them all up

So nothing to be too concerned about right???

Thanks trpmonkey41

Specs:
    macbook
    that's a funky screen shot - but I'm guessing trpnmonkey41 is right there, especially since a lot of folders are open at the same time. In fact, about half of them appear to be folders. Check your applications folder - you'll probably see around a 50/50 (depending on how you copy and manage) mix of application icons and folders. So yeah, I think he's dead on the money there.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Actually I did that at work recently on purpose...

A customer we had in wanted to see how stable OS X really is at multi tasking, so showed him a few open apps and he wasn't impressed.

So command+a the apps folder and hit command + arrow down and everything starts bouncing... the 13" Macbook with 2 Gigs of RAM handled it beautifully though... plus he ended up buying one

Specs:
    Mac's
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich
    Actually I did that at work recently on purpose...

A customer we had in wanted to see how stable OS X really is at multi tasking, so showed him a few open apps and he wasn't impressed.

So command+a the apps folder and hit command + arrow down and everything starts bouncing... the 13" Macbook with 2 Gigs of RAM handled it beautifully though... plus he ended up buying one

In hindsight, now knowing exactly what it was doing... I am amazed that it was able to open everything... As you can see in the image my dock was full.. but what you can't see is that all (most of) the dock icons were bouncing up and down like 1st graders wanting to be picked..

"pick me, no pick me... I'm over here pick me!"

Is there anything I should check on due to the fact that I simply powered it down without closing out of everyrhing???

It was nice NOT to see the:
    "Windows was not shut down properly" <--- YEAH no kidding.. thanks for the info!

Thread Information