New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Photoshop help????

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

How do I get rid of the White Background in the "Strong Kids" part of the image below????

I have just the stand alone "YMCA Strong Kids" image... but I'd like to get rid of the white back ground around the image....

as you can see the white background "cuts" into the rest of the image...

Thanks in advance for any help.

QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Open up the logo in a Separate file or the file you copied it from. Then use the Magnetic Wizard Tool to go around the image then inverse selection and then delete. Make sure the background isn't locked in the Layers Section though. If it is just duplicate and delete the original layer.

Then you should have a nice logo with a squared background (blank) then just copy it over to the the new background image.

Hope that Helps

That's the way I'd do it, but I'm sure more experienced people on here might have a better solution if this isn't sufficient.

Damien Healy
iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | thebigman87.com |
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG D 04
Open up the logo in a Separate file or the file you copied it from. Then use the Magnetic Wizard Tool to go around the image then inverse selection and then delete. Make sure the background isn't locked in the Layers Section though. If it is just duplicate and delete the original layer.

Then you should have a nice logo with a squared background (blank) then just copy it over to the the new background image.

Hope that Helps

That's the way I'd do it, but I'm sure more experienced people on here might have a better solution if this isn't sufficient.
Ok... stupid question... where do I find the Magnetic Lasso??? I see the Lasso.. but I do not see the Magnetic lasso?

Thank you!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

BIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the roughBIG D 04 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE
Ok... stupid question... where do I find the Magnetic Lasso??? I see the Lasso.. but I do not see the Magnetic lasso?

Thank you!!!!
Hold Down on the Lasso Tool and 3 Options should appear and it's one of them.

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Quote:
Hold Down on the Lasso Tool and 3 Options should appear and it's one of them.

Thank you sooo much!
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

Quote:

Hope that Helps

instead of duplicating - double click the background layer, and simply hit OK. It is now fully editable.
QUOTE Thanks
BIG D 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownley1
instead of duplicating - double click the background layer, and simply hit OK. It is now fully editable.
Learn something new everyday

Damien Healy
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

This will all only work if you can somehow get the Strong Kids logo separated as a layer from the rest. If you have a "flat file" image per what you have shown, there is not much you can do. You need to get the logo onto a separate layer and then use any combination of tools to trim out the white area around it. Magnetic lasso is good but there are many others as well. Can you get a the logo separated onto its own layer so that you can see the full ness of what is underneath it? If not, all is in vain!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac57
This will all only work if you can somehow get the Strong Kids logo separated as a layer from the rest. If you have a "flat file" image per what you have shown, there is not much you can do. You need to get the logo onto a separate layer and then use any combination of tools to trim out the white area around it. Magnetic lasso is good but there are many others as well. Can you get a the logo separated onto its own layer so that you can see the full ness of what is underneath it? If not, all is in vain!
YES... I have the image isolated by it's self... but I am having a hard time getting rid of the white using Mag. Lasso... I am a total Newb w/ Photoshop... I must be doing something incorrect. This is literally my very 1st time using Photoshop. Below is the isolated image...

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

You are trying to save it as a .jpg file. That file type doesn't support transparency, so whatever your image is, there is going to be a white background around it. You will have to remove the background in Photoshop, then save it as a different file type that supports transparency like .png or .gif.
Attached Images
File Type: png 276517827_d439aec6be_o.png (33.0 KB, 3 views)

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Magic wand the white (play with the tolerance number at the top of the screen until you get all the white. 10 or 20 should do it).

Then inverse the selection (apple-shift-I), copy and paste into your background image.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Backing Up | Looking for an email program that... »