New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Replacing icons

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Liam

Liam has a spectacular aura about

I've replaced the iCal icon with a new one, but as soon as I start the app it turns back to the old icon. How do I replace the running iCal icon as well as the non-running icon?

Also want to change the trash can icon, but how do you do both? IE: Empty trash can and full trash can?

Cheers
Liam
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
I've replaced the iCal icon with a new one, but as soon as I start the app it turns back to the old icon. How do I replace the running iCal icon as well as the non-running icon?

Also want to change the trash can icon, but how do you do both? IE: Empty trash can and full trash can?

Cheers
Liam
The Trash (empty & full) is easy w/ Candybar: http://www.panic.com/candybar/
Just Drag-n-drop...

iCal has it's standard (dormant) icon that can easily be changed (as you know), but I'm not sure how to change the "in use" icon for iCal, that defaults to Todays Date. I'd be interested in this aswell.
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

If you right click on iCal and View Package Contents, in the Resources folder within the content folder, there is a file called App-empty.icns. I believe that if you change this and the icon to the desired replacement that after a restart it should be changed. I am not 100% that it will stay that way because after I did it, I decided I liked the original better and changed it back so don't quote me on this.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Noob question-about Mail-I'm scared!!! | Word »