New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

3d animation.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nivert

nivert is on a distinguished road

What are the best 3d animation programs out there for mac, preferably something very easy to use, nothing too complicated. Something that someone with little to no experience would find usefull.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I think carrara is easy to learn for someone who just wants to fool around. Its made by eovia, and can be complicated it you need it to be, but there are plenty of tools you can use to make something with out knowlage of complex 3d software.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
nivert

Is there a trial version for that? Could you post a link to it.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=catmain&cat=262

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Blender is pretty easy and very powerful and best of all it's FREE! Can't beat opensource/freeware.

http://www.blender.org/cms/Home.2.0.html

PLUS there are many free tutorials users offer for this program or you can buy the Blender book/bible.
QUOTE Thanks
nivert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=catmain&cat=262

I'm not sure but, I think I'm blind. I don't see any demo version on there, they all the real programs that you have to purcahse. I want to test it out before I decide on purchasing it.

Can you add a direct link, perhaps ?
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivert
I'm not sure but, I think I'm blind. I don't see any demo version on there, they all the real programs that you have to purcahse. I want to test it out before I decide on purchasing it.

Can you add a direct link, perhaps ?

I found this :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
nivert

Thank you sursuciofla, I will try out blender as well

EDIT, Thank you pule-8 as well, I guess I was blind
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Thank you sursuciofla, I will try out blender as well

EDIT, Thank you pule-8 as well, I guess I was blind
No you are not blind, this link came from Google.
QUOTE Thanks
sluzniak

sluzniak is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro CD 2.16, 2GB ram, 256MB Video.

Quote:
What are the best 3d animation programs out there for mac, preferably something very easy to use, nothing too complicated. Something that someone with little to no experience would find usefull.

Im suprized no one mentioned this.. There is, of course, Maya. They have a personal learning edition which is free for educational use.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=7639525

Its a great program, lots of tutorial and very powerful. A few downsides though, the renders have a PLE watermark going across the top, and the new version comming out does not have Universal binaries for the intel macs. (poop).

If you are just starting out and try maya, there are about 8 or 9 introduction tutorials about some basics of the interface, they are quicktime movies. Its good to watch so you don't get fustrated trying to do basic stuff.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

Give cinema 4d a try as well. I tried all the ones I could find a few years ago and settled with Cinema 4d. No regrets it's a great program, lots of tutorials to help out beginners and they even updated to intel processors for free. :cool:

http://www.maxon.net/pages/dyn_files...welcome_e.html
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

I find maya not to be the best place to start... although free, its really hard to learn with out a background of 3d animation in other programs, unless you take a class.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
deus_ex_machina

deus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nicedeus_ex_machina is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bobbins
Give cinema 4d a try as well. I tried all the ones I could find a few years ago and settled with Cinema 4d. No regrets it's a great program, lots of tutorials to help out beginners and they even updated to intel processors for free. :cool:

http://www.maxon.net/pages/dyn_files...welcome_e.html
I second C4D - it's come a long way and was designed on a Mac
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

http://www.sketchup.com/
QUOTE Thanks
jdgti

jdgti will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
I find maya not to be the best place to start... although free, its really hard to learn with out a background of 3d animation in other programs, unless you take a class.
Maya isn't too bad. I really would reccommend Maya if you are planning to use this skill in the future as it is one of the premier 3d modeling softwares in the business.

I like maya :-)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« ICAL: list all events on one calendar | "UnderCover" Does anyone run it? »