Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    I use Firefox because its ability to work in variety of platforms. I do have to switch between OS X, Linux and Windows XP and I want to have identical Bookmarks in all different platforms.

Foxmarks(plugin for FF) make things really easy. I know there are plenty of other ways of sync. bookmarks but for me this is the best method so far.

In my experience FF is also pretty stable and the new version(2.0) has some cool features. Even if you decided to use Safari for day-to-day internet browsing, its a good idea to try FF just to see whether it has something interesting to offer.

Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by novicew View Post
    I use Firefox because its ability to work in variety of platforms. I do have to switch between OS X, Linux and Windows XP and I want to have identical Bookmarks in all different platforms.

Foxmarks(plugin for FF) make things really easy. I know there are plenty of other ways of sync. bookmarks but for me this is the best method so far.

In my experience FF is also pretty stable and the new version(2.0) has some cool features. Even if you decided to use Safari for day-to-day internet browsing, its a good idea to try FF just to see whether it has something interesting to offer.
    FireFox is great and I use it on PCs but I just find Safari so much better on the Mac, believe it or not it actually seems faster than FF plus it has the full Aqua UI which is one of the 2 huge things that bothers me about FF (the other being that it doesn't have colorsync technology). FF also seems a bit clunky, probably due to not having an Aqua UI, it just seems like too much of a port.

Specs:
    24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
    I use Opera for both browsing and my email. I like having my email in a column to the left as I browse so I always know when one comes in. And on this 24" screen there is more then enough room for it. I don't much like the mail program in OS X and have yet to find a good free alternative other then Opera.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by theonegod View Post
    I use Opera for both browsing and my email. I like having my email in a column to the left as I browse so I always know when one comes in. And on this 24" screen there is more then enough room for it. I don't much like the mail program in OS X and have yet to find a good free alternative other then Opera.
    There is also Mozilla Thunderbird. It's a VERY good and very full featured email client for OSX. I have no issues with Apples Mail App but if you want more features, give Thunderbird a try.

To the OP, I use Safari, but with the few pages that give Safari problems, on OSX I much prefer Camino over Firefox. Firefox is what I use on Windows though, but on the Mac I feel Camino is better. It's the same engine as Firefox but more OSX like.

I've tried Opera and IMHO, felt uncomfortable with it's interface and the mail integration aspect.

I have been a FireFox/Thunderbird fan for a couple of years (on my PC) and when I bought my first mac I used them for a while until I became more familiar with Safari/Mail.

I'm yet to try Camino and would certainly give a thumbs up for FireFox, but Safari is my premiere choice.

Know how you feel about Opera. I had the same feelings until I finally determined I was going to use it exclusively for 30 days. After that I kept using it for 3 years (it takes getting used to). Only when I got my Mac did I switch over to Safari. Still might go back to Opera though.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
    I mainly use Camino but use Firefox is I have issues with some websites. I prefer Camino to Firefox mainly down to the interface (ie.- no aqua buttons on websites), I hate it how FF is does't have a Mac integrated look, as I would use it then because it has so many add-ons and extensions.

Note: If anyone knows how to interface Firefox completely to a mac let me know cheers.
    Man Fears Time but Time Fears the Pyramids

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    I mainly use Safari. Camino...just doesn't feel finished enough for me and Firefox is just too clunky and slow to be a good Mac program.

I sometimes also use OmniWeb.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

badmojo
    My choice is Safari with Camino a close second. I like FF in Windows but it really lags for me in OSX. If Camino had a few more tools, like RSS integration, I'd run it almost exclusively.

Specs:
    MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0 C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD; iPhone 6 (64GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by badmojo View Post
    My choice is Safari with Camino a close second. I like FF in Windows but it really lags for me in OSX. If Camino had a few more tools, like RSS integration, I'd run it almost exclusively.

Same here. I primarily use Safari, and there are only two sites that I visit on ocassion where I have to venture over to Camino.

Thread Information