New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Torrents Slow!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FooAtari

Hi folks.

Have just picked up a Macbook today and so far so good, nearly.

I have had a quick search but couldnt really find an answer.

Having problems downloading torrents. I have set the router up, and the same torrent on my PC downloads at 30k/s on uTorrent.

But when I try on the Mac with Azureus (and BitRocket, Transmission, Tomato Torrent) it takes an age to start and never gets above 1k, apart from 1 occaision when it his 6k.

Is there some setting within OS X I am missing? I have limited experience with it.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I am going to assume that by setting up the router for your PC, you are talking about port forwarding.
If this is the case, then you are going to have to set the port forwarding for your Mac if you want to speed up your downloads.

You will also want to take a look around using the Forum Search feature. This has been addressed many, many times on this forum.
:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
FooAtari

Thanks,

But have setup port forwarding for the macs IP address as well. Unless im missing something.

I have tried using the same ports as PC, and also forwarding seperate port to the mac. Double checking that port was the same in client and in router. But still something is holding it back.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Try using XTorrent or Transmission instead of that bloat hog Azureus and see if it improves.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
FooAtari

I know Azures is a system hogger, but having tried a few clients already I was running out of options

I'll try transmission again, and I'll look for Xtorrent
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PocketMac 4.0 is out! | Azureus »