New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

chicken of the VNC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

richardcanham

richardcanham is an unknown at this point

I have VNC set up on my windows pc and have installed "chicken of the VNC" on my new macbook which i downloaded from apple.com..i can pick up the picture and control my pc however no sound...any help?

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

VNC only supports mouse, keyboard and video. I have been reliably informed that Windows Remote Desktop can do remote sound, so if you look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherpr...edesktopclient

it has instructions on setting it all up.
QUOTE Thanks
richardcanham

ok so I've got it logged on etc but still no sound will come out...I can hear the sound playing through my main pc and the settings on my macbook say it should play through the mac aswell or on its own so why is it not playing ?
QUOTE Thanks
thermidor

thermidor will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB

Out of interest, what are you trying to pipe through? If it's iTunes, you know you can share your library?
QUOTE Thanks
richardcanham

no its not itunes. I subscribed to wwe 24/7 and can watch back classic wwe matches and ppvs however wwe videos dont work on mac as a download needed only works for windows...not a great problem as I could still use my pc but for convenience I would like to use my mac...I have also PAID to subscribe to football streaming (all legal) and that would also need to be run on a pc...any help GREATLY appreciated, the program works just no sound! Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I'd install Parallels & set up a virtualized windows xp environment.... seems like a lot less hassle...
QUOTE Thanks
richardcanham

I'd rather not have to install windows xp so this way is easier just need to work the final piece and get the sound set up..
QUOTE Thanks
gort

gort is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema

If you are using microsoft remote desktop click the little arrow for advanced options at the prompt for the IP to put it. THen you can decide which resources to leave at the remote computer and which to bring to your mac. Sounds is one of them, as well as disk drives and printers, etc.
QUOTE Thanks
richardcanham

Quote:
Originally Posted by gort
If you are using microsoft remote desktop click the little arrow for advanced options at the prompt for the IP to put it. THen you can decide which resources to leave at the remote computer and which to bring to your mac. Sounds is one of them, as well as disk drives and printers, etc.
thats what I did I think and it didnt work...unsure..
QUOTE Thanks
richardcanham

WAIT!! Its kicked into action!! Come on :-) thanks all for help!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« JCreator on Mac OS? | iLife '04 »