New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Freeware 2 Windowed FTP progam?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Johnson

Johnson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBP i5

I'm looking for a freeware 2 windowed ftp program, because I hate hopping around to drag files into the ftp program. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Johnson

Bump.
QUOTE Thanks
camcc

I second that - I use Cyberduck which is okay, but a 2 windowed FTP client with a local AND remote browser would be handy!

Anyone??
QUOTE Thanks
Johnson

Ag, bump!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Freeware I am not sure I know of any. Transmit though cost but not all that much but does what you want and then some. It's a favorite of mine and many others here on the forums.
QUOTE Thanks
bearME

bearME is on a distinguished road

Has anyone tried Fugu its freeware and has 2 windows?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearME
Has anyone tried Fugu its freeware and has 2 windows?

I was going to mention it but did not know if it had 2 windows or not since I own Transmit and don't use anything much else.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Well, how badly do you want to spend zero money? If you are in to a little effort, install Apple's X11. Then go get DarwinPorts and pick from any of a large number of two pane FTP clients for Linux that run as part of DarwinPorts. Apple's X11, DarwinPorts and all of the software packages it supports are all absolutely free (released under GPL I believe). The open source world is literally crawling with two pane FTP clients.

I use the venerable old Midnight Commander myself, but gFTP is very well regarded as well, along with LOTs of others. The most capable of them all, IMHO, is Konqueror, a file manager and FTP client and ... a LOT of other stuff. In fact a great many open source dual pane file managers support FTP client capability in one or both of their panes.

Back in the "pay for it" world, have you considered CaptainFTP? A nice package for Mac that I got more or less free - it was free on a DVD that comes with my MacFormat magazine subscription. Of course, that subscription isn't free, so I paid for it in the end!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Johnson

For some reason with fugu I keep getting "request for subsystem sftp failed on channel 0 fugu" when I try connecting.
QUOTE Thanks
bearME

bearME is on a distinguished road

fugu uses sftp the error would make me think the server you tried to connect to is not set up for it
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Just buy transmit... I'm a poor starving student and even I bought it! It's really that good
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MS Word docs not opening... | Yahoo Messenger »