New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

watching tv over internet

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

andih

hey!

is there a possibility or an application to watch tv over the internet? i don't have a tv at home but would love to watch tv!

thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

not sure if THIS is what you are looking for.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I just purchased the EyeTV 250 from El Gato and it allows you to watch TV, record it, save it, etc.. it's pretty smooth http://www.elgato.com
QUOTE Thanks
andih

yeah i saw that one, too! seems pretty interesting! how about the channels, do you get all channels? i am from germany, so i don't really how what channels you have, but i want to have the channel with shows Lost, 24, and of course i need espn :spook:
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

I get all the channels I get through my cable provider since that is how it works. Unless you are wanting to get channels through the internet.. then I have no idea how you would do that and I doubt there is anything out there that does that... So you don't need a tv, but you do need to have some type of cable tv through a provider.
QUOTE Thanks
lok0420

lok0420 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Powerbook G4 15'' 1.5 ghz 2GB ram, 80 GB HD

the big tv chans dont broadcast over the internet .. so far i know..
what they been doing . you can watch the whole episode for some big shows the next day it airs.. like lost, 24 and desperate housewives ..(abc.com)
and now fox its doing it trou video.google.com for prison break
espn has the espn 360. they have some shows and clips and some live games but not all .. i watched a lot of worldcup games with that
http://broadband.espn.go.com/ivp/splash
but i think its only for verizon costumers
and theres tv4all.com but mainly christian chans broadcasting over the internet.
and theres always the pirate way :black: .. to download it with bittorent the next day
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Yeah and I think FOX or some other channels do show some of their shows online by going to their website.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Resize An Image | Need help installing Safari »