New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Connecting to ADSL

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cam

Cam is an unknown at this point

My mac pro has arrived but I'm no expert with mac osx, I dont know much about it yet. Anyway I want to install bootcamp and I want to check for any firmware updates etc first. I've been using tiscali broadband with the sagem modem that came free with it. It works fine with all my pc's and my ibook which runs 10.2.8. I'm running 10.4.7. I install the drivers for the modem and it says everythings fine, I restart and the ADSL monitor thing it installs says the modems not connected. It is, and I've tried various ports. I've read other people have had this problem, some say it's because it's a cheap modem. Any help or light anyone can shed on this would be great, it's really annoying me. Is there a way around installing drivers, can mac osx just install a generic usb modem? Im already starting to dislike mac osx cos its apparent lack of flexability, go and prove me worong here!

thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trash gone in Mail | Downloading Problem with Safari »