gabrielleitao
    Unhappy Region-FREE DVD Player for Intel Mac
    Hello, I hope someone is able to help me on this one. So I have an Intel iMac. I tried installing RegionX and VCL but no luck to play DVDs from any region... Has anyone find out a solution for Intel Mac... a software that allows me to play DVDs from any region? Thanks for the help.... plz help.

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    VLC, you may have mispelled it up there, should do the trick for you. just make sure that in your system preferences dvd player is not set up to automatically start playing dvd's
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Alternatively, rip the DVD's with mactheripper, thus stripping out the region-protection and play them directly from your harddrive, or re-burn them.

NOTE: You may only do this in countries where circumventing copy-protection is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by coach_z
    VLC, you may have mispelled it up there, should do the trick for you. just make sure that in your system preferences dvd player is not set up to automatically start playing dvd's
    -chris
    Never been able to do this for some reason.

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    Quote Originally Posted by cjay
    Never been able to do this for some reason.
    something must be going wrong then because vlc can very well play dvd's and in your system preferences click on cd & dvd's -> "when you insert a video DVD" select ignore

-chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

gabrielleitao
    Quote Originally Posted by coach_z
    something must be going wrong then because vlc can very well play dvd's and in your system preferences click on cd & dvd's -> "when you insert a video DVD" select ignore

-chris
    I know Chris, that is the first thing I did and it doesnt work. I saw on the Interent in a google Search I did that Intel Macs cant use the trick from VCL neither RegionX... I cant play the DVDs from my contry of origin now on my Mac... I justdont know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
    Alternatively, rip the DVD's with mactheripper, thus stripping out the region-protection and play them directly from your harddrive, or re-burn them.

NOTE: You may only do this in countries where circumventing copy-protection is not an issue.
    When you rip them with MAC THE RIPPER to your hardrive, What program do you use to play them from your desktop please? AND will i be able to use the menu functions,, like Languages and Scene selctions,, etc etc! Kind Regards!

Thread Information