Schotz
    Gaming on a Macbook
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't sure if it should be here or in switchers. Anyway I found this truly amazing article for gaming on a macbook. I wasn't sure if this is posted anywhere else, but I wanted to post it so everyone can see. Here it is- http://www.macworld.com/2006/06/firs...ames/index.php
    But I do have a question...my daughter likes to play Nancy Drew 3D interactive mystery games. I want to know if she can play them on a macbook. More information about that here- www.herinteractive.com Does anyone know if this will work well on a macbook? I think it will because it is not very demanding. Anyway thanks for your help. Another link for univeral games- http://guides.macrumors.com/Universal_Binary_Games

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Mod note: Place in proper forum.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Schotz
    And where might that be? Switchers?

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Schotz
    And where might that be? Switchers?
    nope. Check where the thread is located now by the path at the top of the thread.
    :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Schotz
    I meant the right place to put this thread. Where should it go?

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Schotz
    I meant the right place to put this thread. Where should it go?
    It should go where it is located now. :black:
    The Applications and Games forum.
    That is why I suggested looking at the path at the top of the thread.
    :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
    Ha, I honestly did not click on your links. However, that is because I feel it is possible to answer that question with out them:

-First of all, If that game is PC only, you will have to buy XP, and install it with bootcamp on your macbook.
    -Second, the game sounds like it is pretty old, or sounds like it can't take up very much processor/RAM time. Therefore, running that game with rosette will not be a problem, if anything depending on how old your current mac is, it will run faster.
    -Third, the thread is in the correct location, Rman said he moved it.

Schotz
    Yeah, I meant with XP, Rosetta, and Parallels. Actually they make alot of them. They have 15. Some are a bit older like...3 years maybe? I don't know. But even the newer ones play like the older ones. I think it will work on the Macbook she is getting. We didn't buy it for games though, so it really doesn't matter. Thanks for all your help!

Thread Information