New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

IRC Client Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TTheInfamous1

TTheInfamous1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display

Anyone on here use Colloquy IRC Client? I can't seem to get this thing to work at all. Even when I join a server and room there is no text and I can't type any text as well.

Any ideas about how to set this thing up and get it to work right?

Thanks all.

TJ
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I think most of us use that client... so you will be able to find alot of help on this subject.

Are you sure you are using the # sign infront of the chat room name?

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Mac-Forums has a pretty easy to use IRC Guide here.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

Good Call, I don't use the IRC that often, I forgot we had a guide.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
TTheInfamous1

Mac Specs: Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
I think most of us use that client... so you will be able to find alot of help on this subject.

Are you sure you are using the # sign infront of the chat room name?
Sure have. Still no luck though. Just tried using Snake as well. Cant get on the channel I need to get on. Not sure if anyone knows how to contact the torrentleech.org admins. That's why I'm trying to get these to work. I was banned because of a bad login and now I cant contact an admin of the site.

Kinda beat. Trying though.

Graphite Yea, I was looking through that thread, but still can not for the life of me get any of these IRC clients to work for me. Don't understand it. Still going to keep at it though.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me. When I had my Windows machine it was pretty simple.

Thanks all.

TJ
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

Maybe they banned you from the IRC as well, if they feel that your offence was severe enough they can ban you by IP address not just user name.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
TTheInfamous1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
Maybe they banned you from the IRC as well, if they feel that your offence was severe enough they can ban you by IP address not just user name.
Yea, thats just it. It was only a log-in error. I have a great upload ratio with them so this is a mistake or something. Either way, It kept saying that my password was wrong, which it wasnt. It was posted that if there were mistakes in logins to contact them in the IRC channel, but I just cant seem to get these IRC clients to work right. Seems like a lot of people are having these issues ever since they changed a lot of features.

Dunno. Kinda stumped. But going to keep trying.

TJ
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

There could be many reasons, I am betting they banned your IP.

Try connecting to another IRC network, then you'll know. Try getting on #Mac-Forums @ irc.freenode.net (that right?) for example.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

yes, that is the address.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quicksilver | iTunes Album Art????? »