New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

OS 10.4x - iLife '06 dmg problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wylien

wylien is on a distinguished road

so i have a copy of iLife '06.dmg sitting on my desktop. iLife '06 was installed on my ibook, but now when i try to put the dmg file in the trash (or any other folder) it gives me the following warning message:

"Some of the items you are moving to are in use by another application. Moving the items can cause problems with the application using them. Are you sure you want to move these items?"
then it has two options: stop or continue
...and of course i always get scared of messing it up and always click 'stop'

i dont want this file on my computer anymore and i cant trash it, or move it from my desktop cause i get the same message all the time. I have tried using an external hard drive to cut and paste the file, but it just doesnt want to go away. It also wont be copied to the new location (external hard drive).

any advice?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Restart the computer. When it boots back up if the image is still there you should just be able to trash it.

QUOTE Thanks
wylien

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss
Restart the computer. When it boots back up if the image is still there you should just be able to trash it.
thank you baggs, but i have tried this already...this file has been in my desktop for the past one or two months ... any one else other advise?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

If you have already installed iLife 06 and are not running any apps from the DMG file, trash it and click Continue. It shouldn't hurt anything.

QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

From your original post, it sounds like you are running iLife directly from the mounted .dmg file? You should not do this - copy them to Applications first and run them from there.
QUOTE Thanks
wylien

well, the problem still persists ... no matter where i try to copy the file to, as soon as it is almost done copying the file to another location, the transfer stops and the file remains in the same location without copying itself to the new location....anymore suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Resizing Images Resolution | Using Automator »