New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iPhoto problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

canadian_eh

I'm trying to take pictures from my iPhoto and put them onto a blank cd.
Most of them transfer fine, but others showed up as being 0 KB.
I transfered them by dragging+dropping onto the CD icon.
Also, the ones that show up as 0 KB are the same ones that I can't edit in iPhoto.
I can see all of the pics in iPhoto though.

Anyone encountered this, or know how to fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Makes me wonder if you have an issue with the permissions for those files. I wonder if they have "read" permission set, or if they are somehow owned by another user on the machine.

Can you open up Terminal, cd to the directory where they are, and type in the magic words:

ls -al

and post the results? This will tell the story.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

By the way, I LOVE your avatar. Nice job!

Now, we just need to make you REALLY Canadian - change your userid to "Canajun, Eh", after the book of the same name by a Canadian humorist. I used to have the book, but it is 20 years old or so, and I can't seem to find it in Google...

...and, check out the following list of "you know you are Canajun if..." entries. It is hilarious!

http://www.canadiansocialresearch.net/canajuneh.htm

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
canadian_eh

Actually, my grandparents have that book I think, is it the one with the bogus definitions of Canadian words?
It's hilarious.

EDIT: I just looked at that link. I think I'm going ot have to send that to some people, it's hi-freakin-larious.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Drawing Program For OS X | Using second monitor for gaming on a Macbook »