New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Resize An Image

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Phatlip12

Phatlip12 is on a distinguished road

Alright, its 3:30 am and I have been trying to resize the dimensions on this pic for the past half hour but I cant figure out how to do it? Please help?!!?
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

no need for the language man. what imaging programs do you have available to you in order to resize an image?

what have you been doing in order to resize the image?

you need to let us know a little more about what you are doing

the best bet will most likely be to download GIMP, the free version of photoshop, and then do the resize through that program, you can get it at sourceforge, or at versiontracker
-cris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

http://ghostknox.com/imgresize.html

Ive never used this program, but it looks like it would work. There also might be an automator action to resize an image.
QUOTE Thanks
geekboy2000

geekboy2000 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatlip12
Alright, its 3:30 am and I have been trying to resize the dimensions on this **** pic for the past half hour but I cant figure out how to do it? Please help?!!?
As the other follow-up posters have mentioned, there are some apps that work well for re-sizing. In fact, I used a few, wondering like you, what's up with this re-sizing thing. Then, someone was kind enough to point me to the export function of iPhoto. Do your editing/cropping if needed in iPhoto, then highlight the image and export it. You can choose size parameters from there. That *does* result in having more than 1 copy of the image, but after I thought about it, I decided it's not so bad having the original full size image for future use.

Mark

"I'm the one that's going to die when it's time for me to die.
So let me live my life . . . the way I want to.
" - From "If 6 Was 9" - Jimi Hendrix
QUOTE Thanks
zeta101

zeta101 has a spectacular aura about

ImageWell is a excellent little (free) app that you can drop pictures onto and then resize, crop and ad some basic annotations. You can then save to various different image formats. Resizing is very easy, either you drag a slider to change the % of size reduction, or you manually change the width or heigh in pixels. Everyone should have this app!
QUOTE Thanks
Phatlip12

Phatlip12 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys
QUOTE Thanks
alibumaye

alibumaye is on a distinguished road

ok, I tried that export thing, and it does create another picture, but the dimensions are still the same. Where excatly do I go to make it BIGGER. I don't want to crop, I can do that already; i want to make images bigger so they want be so fuzzy when I use them as a background.

It's the resturn of the gangsta......thanks ta--
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

you should never, ever enlarge images.
Basically, you can't create detail that isn't there to begin with. If the image isn't large enough, search for a better one. That's one of the first things any designer learns.
QUOTE Thanks
alibumaye

alibumaye is on a distinguished road

^

good lookin' my dude! well then, where can I find desktop images that don't come with a whole bunch of crap that will slow my computer down..... (learned from a baaaaaaad experience before)

It's the resturn of the gangsta......thanks ta--
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibumaye
^

good lookin' my dude! well then, where can I find desktop images that don't come with a whole bunch of crap that will slow my computer down..... (learned from a baaaaaaad experience before)
I found interfacelift.com to be a fantastic site for apple wallpapers (all sizes, widescreen included), icons and themes. Heaps of great stuff there to keep you looking for hours. I spent a day or two there gettings icons and wallpapers for my new macbooks.

I don't know what you mean about other files slowing your computer down...
Did that happen on a mac? I've never known something like that to happen for macs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox installation(understanding how macs install) | watching tv over internet »