Specs:
    White Macbook
    Trying to install Adium X
    hello all... I was trying to install aim but i got persuaded to install adium x instead. I am trying to install and after the file downloads an error message comes up that says "the following disk images failed to mount(says the name of the adium x file) : device not configured" ....

what do i do? It seems like I am not understand how to install a file... the joys of being a newbee

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    you downloaded it from here right? http://www.adiumx.com/index.php
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Specs:
    White Macbook
    Quote Originally Posted by coach_z
    you downloaded it from here right? http://www.adiumx.com/index.php

yes... but then after it was already in my computer i clicked open and it didn't do anything it gave me that error message....

Specs:
    Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
    Quote Originally Posted by gnat1223
    hello all... I was trying to install aim but i got persuaded to install adium x instead. I am trying to install and after the file downloads an error message comes up that says "the following disk images failed to mount(says the name of the adium x file) : device not configured" ....

what do i do? It seems like I am not understand how to install a file... the joys of being a newbee
    Hmm. You download the dmg file to your desktop from their website, then double click it (if it didn't open automatically), next open finder or double click the Mac Harddisk icon, open the Applications folder, then drag the Adium icon into your open applications folder, then drag the icon from your Applicaitons folder down to the dock if you desire to have a shortcut there, then double click that icon or the one in the Applications folder to actually run the program. Close all the open folder windows, then "eject" the rectangular Adiumx mounted "disk" by dragging it to the trash can, then drag the initial DMG file itself to the trash. At which point of this sequence is it giving you the error?

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    if you download it in safari it should say something like 'this may contain an application bla bla bla' once it is done downloading, and once you click yes or continue or whatever it should mount the disk image and then open a window. once the window is open you drag the adium icon to the applications folder which is directly to the right of it (it has a big arrow) and then it is installed. you can then eject the disk image and then trash the downloaded file and then open adium from your applications folder

that is how installation should work, i would go and re-download the program because it apparently didnt work correctly the first time
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Specs:
    White Macbook
    ok I tried again, getting "failed to mount" error message

komo
    i think your downloaded file is kind of corrupted, try to re-download it from other sources

Thread Information