New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Why won't it work?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mike2000

Today, I downloaded Wolfenstein: Enemy territory for the mac. The opening movie, the menu, and all the other stuff work PERFECTLY FINE. It's until I get into a game that it freezes.

My system specs:

450 MHz PowerPC G4 processor
768 MB SDRAM
My video card has 32 MB I believe

Does anyone know how to fix this? Do I just need a better video/graphics card to actually start playing? Help!

EDIT: The quit problem is fixed. But I still need help on the problem above.
QUOTE Thanks
Mike2000

Sorry to double post but I am running on a time schedule so I could gladly use some assistance please. (Hey, I said please =P)
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

This is the system recommended requirements, you fall short.
Quote:
Macintosh

For Mac, there isn't an official MSR but the one for Mac RTCW suggests the following, but also note the Mac port author has reportedly suggested OSX 10.3 seems to be recommended. As is the norm for game's MSR, the required video card and especially the CPU probably really are the minimum, and not necessarily what's required for a good gaming experience.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later
CPU Processor: PowerPC G3 or later
CPU Speed: 500MHz or faster
Memory: 256 MB or higher
Hard Disk Space: 600MB free disk space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon 7500 or better
Video Card (NVidia): GeForce2 MX or better
Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
Media Required: CD Drive
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pixel aspect ratio in PS | Installing OS 9 system support from Tiger »