Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    File Manager w Bookmarks, Image Viewer?
    I am a very recent switcher from Windows and Linux to Mac - just got my new Power Mac G5 two days ago.

After two days, I find that Finder is missing one really key thing I used to use all the time in my various and sundry file managers: bookmarks! The ability to bookmark a folder and then be able to go to it by selecting the bookmark. It looks like Finder doesn't do this (or I haven't found how to make it do so). Is there a good generally accepted file manager for Macs that does most of what Finder does (icon view, detail view, etc.) and supports bookmarks? If it was dual pane, it would be even better.

The other thing I haven't really found is a good quick n easy image viewer along the lines of IrfanView, XnView, feh, etc. from the Windows and Linux worlds. These are basic viewers that you use as the default open action for most image types. They usually feature basic stuff like auto scaling, brightness and contrast adjust and so on. The really good ones will advance to the next picture or back to the last one endlessly, so that you can open one image in a folder of images and then just progress one by one through all of them. Like my question above, is there a good generally accepted image viewer for Mac?

Finally, how about a CPU, internet and disk activity meter that I can sit out on the desktop and see at all times (not a widget, because I can only see that when I go to Dashboard)?

Thanks for any and all pointers!
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

Specs:
    Update: nix the comment about bookmarks on Finder. I just stumbled into how you can drag things to the sidebar in the Finder window - a completely intuitive and nicely obvious way of achieving just what I was looking for! I'm lovin' Mac OS X!!
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3

Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    when it comes to image viewer, preview (comes with osx) does that, you can change alot about the picture in the tools menu

as for the meters and such, there is an application I use called menu meters.. it is freeware and puts meters that keep track of just about anything or just the things you want, in your menu bar on the top of the screen which is always visible.
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

Specs:
    PowerBookG4, thanks! MenuMeters is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Wonderful. Thanks!!

Thread Information