New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Desktop Recording

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PHoMAC

Hi all.

I'm running OS X Ver 10.3.9 on a power pc 1GHZ processor with 1.12GB DDR SDRAM on my iBook.

Thing is, you know when you get all these video tutorials that shouw you how to use a certain program, for instance Photoshop. I would like o know what software is used for doing that. I tried to google it but most of the apps that get displayed are all windows apps.

If anyone has an idea on the isssue please post it here so we can all reap the benifits of your knowledge.

Thanks PhomaC
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Now a days, lot of video tutorials are made using Flash. If you have a flash player installed they should work. Perhaps there are many other formats, but this is the one I know.
QUOTE Thanks
boneheadz

boneheadz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screenc..._Mac_OS_X_only

This page lists a few programs for creating screencasts. (I think that is what you wanted)

If you create some, don't forget to share them here, I would love to see them. I have considered getting into it.

bone
QUOTE Thanks
PHoMAC

Ok i have FLASH MX, you say it has a recording app built in then?
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Couple of days ago I've got a DVD on Photoshop CS2. As far as I know, it has a built in Flash player, so that you can browse from one frame to the other quite easily. It is somehow more flexible than running on QT or similar media(more interactive). If yours is something similar, you don't need anything else to run the tutorial.

However, there must be some information about the system requirements on the DVD cover or on their website. May be that's the best way to find out what you need.
QUOTE Thanks
PHoMAC

Ok thanks for all the help peeps. I looked at some of the options that were posted by boneheadz. The majority of those apps were windows apps. I have found an App for the mac called "snapz pro X" it oes however cost $69 a pretty penny.

http://secure.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin...item=spx2.html

Thanks anyway
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« virtual pc question | Mac / OSX / RDP connection problems »