Specs:
    G4 Cube
    is iPhoto scrolling slow for you?
    I was playing around on my wife's iMac (20" Core Duo, 2gb ram, yada yada yada), and noticed that iPhoto is pretty slow when scrolling. Like, there's major lag if you're scrolling through the whole library. I use Picasa 2 on my PC and it's lightyears faster! Any comments on this?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Here on my iMac g5 iSight 2.1Ghz, iPhoto scroll's very fast and smooth. If I get a chance later today to visit my Mac store, I will try an Intel iMac and see how iphoto is there if they have a lot of photos installed. iPhoto 5 on my older Macs was a bit jerky when scrolling fast, but 6 here on this iMac flys.

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    i havent used iphoto since aperture came out (which is blazing fast) but i do remember that if i had my pictures too big when scrolling there was a bit of a lag, make your thumbnails smaller and see what happens
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Specs:
    G4 Cube
    Quote Originally Posted by coach_z
    i havent used iphoto since aperture came out (which is blazing fast) but i do remember that if i had my pictures too big when scrolling there was a bit of a lag, make your thumbnails smaller and see what happens
    -chris
    That helped. It scrolls normally when the picture are tiny, but then I can't really see them too well (20" 1680x1050 LCD). Kind of disappointing considering it's fully decked-out (256mb x1600, 2 gigs of ram, etc.) and that iLife 06 is a UB. We have about 2,300 photos on it right now with lots more to come. Ho-hum.

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    Quote Originally Posted by kaidomac
    That helped. It scrolls normally when the picture are tiny, but then I can't really see them too well (20" 1680x1050 LCD). Kind of disappointing considering it's fully decked-out (256mb x1600, 2 gigs of ram, etc.) and that iLife 06 is a UB. We have about 2,300 photos on it right now with lots more to come. Ho-hum.
    best way i can think to aleviate that is to set up muiltiple albums and avoid scrolling through your library at all costs, my iphoto library has over 100 albums and 3900 pictures and actually scrolled through quite well even with the largest picture settings.

this also could be an issue that apple is working on and may be taken care of at the next update.

i would also suggest a good repair of your permissions to make sure everything regarding iphoto is set properly.

g'luck man
    -chris
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Thread Information