New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Entourage save attachments in subfolders?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rcltrh

rcltrh will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB

Ok, I give up. Is there something I am missing? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my email attachments to go anywhere but a top level folder. I can go to Pictures Documents (or folders I have created in the finder panel) Etc but nothing under any of those folders. I have numerous sub folders inside my documents folder that even have sub folders in them and I want to be able to em ail myself stuff from college or work then put them right into the correct subfolder. Currently I have to save them to Documents, then open either one instance of finder and use spring loaded folders, which is ok for one or two files, but having to go back and forth is a pain so I have gotten to where I open two finder windows then drag from the Documents one to the other, which is still much harder than just letting me pick a folder, then a subfolder, then another even to dump the attachments into. Right now I sent myself 20 attachments in a single email, which I am now going to go search through my large documents folder to drag out to their subfolders. Surely there is a way besides making a temporary document level folder to use as a temp. Help!
QUOTE Thanks
rcltrh

rcltrh will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB

Ok, I figured out a workaround. I can open my subfolder in finder, then just drag and drop the attachments straight from the attachments box on the email preview screen in Entourage without even having to click the "save" button. Better than I was having to do it the other way at least.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari: Opening links as Tabs - how? | New MSN Messenger for Mac? »