New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

office on my intel mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RiseAbove24

RiseAbove24 is on a distinguished road

hey so i need a program that will open m$ office files, mainly just word and i know microsoft office 2004 for mac will run on intels but i was on the apple site and people were giving it some bad reviews. just wondering if there is anything better that will work for me or if i should just use that. price doesnt really matter, i just want the program that will work the best. thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
thelox714

thelox714 is on a distinguished road

steve jobs stated that office 2004 for mac runs like butter on the intel macs

My Photo Site.
Other sites:
MySpace
My Blog.
QUOTE Thanks
jacostilllives

office 2004 works very well for me..i cant wait untill the universal version comes out but untill then i really dont notice much of a slowdown at all and it runs very smoothly. I would just stick with office 2004 plus i dont even know if there is a program out there that will let you open or edit office files besides office. hope that helps.

Jaco
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

neo office or open office will let you do what you need but i dont know if either it universal right now but they are both free so what you got to loose?

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
Daddy Elmis

Daddy Elmis has a spectacular aura about

I just switched from XP and use Office 2004, for Word, Excel and Powerpoint it works fine and really isn't that different from the Win versions for most things. The "Student/Teacher" version is $125 almost everywhere and gives you Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Entourage (outlook for mac).
QUOTE Thanks
RiseAbove24

ok cool. thanks alot for the insight. my friends sister has a copy of office anyways so ill check it out.
QUOTE Thanks
opium43

I find it runs slower but... I can still remember the days of windows 95 and 150mhz cpu's and 16mb RAM... so I'd be an idiot to complain. Seriously it's fine.
QUOTE Thanks
RiseAbove24

lol @ 16 mb of ram. yeah i mean how slow can word processing be. thats what i was thinking, ya kno? anyways ill give it a whirl
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Downloading Pictures... | is iPhoto scrolling slow for you? »