New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Photoshop CS Blending Options window is offscreen...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pcjabber

I have an issue with Photoshop CS. When I open an image and go to the "Blending Options" of a layer, the document/image's title bar "grays out" [this part is expected]. However, the "Blending Options" dialog box never comes up.

I've used Quartz Debug, and it shows that the "Blending Options" window's origin is 229/-480, which tells me [I think] that it's offscreen by 480px. Any suggestions on how to get it back, and/or why this would have happened?

This only happens on my iBook -- on my Power Mac, it works flawlessly. I've already reinstalled CS over top of itself (i.e. I haven't trashed the apps and installed CS freshly). I've also trashed the prefs file for Photoshop and restarted Photoshop. That didn't help. It doesn't seem to matter what the image is -- a sample, one that I have, or a new image.

Thanks in advance! [BTW, it's good to be back to the forums -- it's been a while since I've visited.]
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Try clicking "Window" on the menu bar of Photoshop and picking a different arrangement. Once you get it onscreen set the windows how you like them and save it as your own window pallette.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
pcjabber

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95
Try clicking "Window" on the menu bar of Photoshop and picking a different arrangement. Once you get it onscreen set the windows how you like them and save it as your own window pallette.
Thanks for the reply, but that's not my problem ;-). The problem is that the "Blending Options" dialog doesn't show up at all. I've reset my workspace (Window>Arrange>Workspace>Reset) and it still happens. I can't do much in the Window menu while Blending Options is open.

The window is open, but I can't see it. It's too far offscreen (and I'm not sure why). Here's a screenshot of the Quartz Debug window showing the status of the "Blending Options" window (it's the highlighted Photoshop entry).

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of

Maybe if you had another monitor that you could hook up, you could move around the arrangement in Sys. Prefs. and in theory "catch" the missing window.

QUOTE Thanks
pcjabber

Oh, good idea! I didn't even think of that. Thanks, I'll try that and post back.
QUOTE Thanks
pcjabber

Thank you so much! I was getting frustrated. Sometimes you just need a third party to say it out loud ;-)

It turns out, it was on top of my screen (where my monitor usually sits while spanning), no doubt from when I had my displays spanning previously -- I'd just forgot to move it back! I just had to reinstall Screen Spanning Doctor (http://macparts.de/ibook/) and I could see the window...

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

No problem! For future reference, you can also fire up AppleScript and use the "get bounds" and "set bounds" commands to set a window's position.

tell app "Photoshop"
get bounds of window 5
set bounds of window 5 to {99, 99, 99, 99}
end tell

You may have to use Quartz Debug to get then name of the windows though, I don't know. Anywho, no problem!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gimp | Internet keeps freezing »