New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari RAM usage

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jacostilllives

Is it normal for Safari to be taking up 180MB of ram? this seems kidna rediculous. Is Safari a RAM hog? Is firefox less "hoggy"? Am i just a lost soul in this crazy world? Whats the meaning of life?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Not sure on OSX but on the PC I have seen Firefox take up well over 100MB of ram after using it a while. Yes Safari after a while with a couple of tabs open does climb in Ram usage also.
QUOTE Thanks
jacostilllives

Hmm alright thanks..ill have to keep my eye on it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quicksilver . . . on a PC? | Deleting mail from server »