New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Webcamming between PC and Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ILoveAlliO

I've been trying to find the best solution to be able to communicate through webcam from my MacBook Pro to my best friend's PC. The only options we have are AIM (which works with iChat) and Yahoo Messenger.

Neither programs work consistently. Are there any suggestions? Will iChat become available on the PC? I heard about this somewhere... just dont know if it'll really happen.

Any form of input would be greatly appreciated.

Take care.
QUOTE Thanks
WizzKid

WizzKid is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express

aMsn will work - so your friend has normal 7.0 msn for windows and u download amsn (google it) and that will solve all your problems!!!
QUOTE Thanks
jctapana

jctapana is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizzKid
aMsn will work - so your friend has normal 7.0 msn for windows and u download amsn (google it) and that will solve all your problems!!!
Hello,

I tried that just yesterday, but didn't work. Kept telling me that video is not supported. Even audio did not work. There should be a way to solve this!!

A Newbie (iMac G5 on Dec 05) but don't like it so far.
QUOTE Thanks
jimmyfitz

jimmyfitz is on a distinguished road

well in my expiernce in this... the latest aim triton.. is worthles.. and it wont even bring up the video picture from the webcam on PC... the previous version of aim however.. did work and all though that version is a peace of crap when it comes to the video quality and pciture size.. its better than no video at all

as for yahoo and msn... to my understanding they do not communicate with aim, nor each other... soo when it comes to using strictly ichat.. to talk to a pc... its all about the older version of AIM that is still available

besides all this there are still always random foul-ups and glitches
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox won't print thru 10.4.5 + Epson R220 | Which games are worth getting for mac »