New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iChat Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bloom

bloom is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 2 GB RAM 30" HD Cinema Display iPhone 8GB Video iPod 30GB & 80GB

I'm fairly new to mac. So I get a little nervous to try things because I think I might mess something up.
My question is, I deleted iChat from my iBook because I was trying to do something.
Now, I can't quite figure out how to reinstall it. What I did was I tried to put in the installation cds that came with the computer and reinstall it that way, but it seems more complicated (to me) then it should be.
I read in the read me:
"Note: To install iCal, iChat AV, iSync, iTunes, and Safari, follow the "Installing Mac OS X and Applications" instructions above."
I tried that and it seems like it won't let me reinstall iChat without reinstalling the OS. Which I don't want to do, I just want to reinstall iChat.
There is probably a simple solution, but I'm just that new to mac and I don't know it
Again, sorry if this is somewhere on the forum, I searched but I couldn't find anything specific enough.
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Kettle

I'm pretty sure your going to have to reinstall the OS. Those are the default programs on OSX. Sorry
QUOTE Thanks
bloom

bloom is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4GHz 2 GB RAM 30" HD Cinema Display iPhone 8GB Video iPod 30GB & 80GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettle
I'm pretty sure your going to have to reinstall the OS. Those are the default programs on OSX. Sorry
thank you.
i think i'll just settle for Adium though, i'm really satisfied with it.
bye bye iChat.
QUOTE Thanks
Dalton29

Dalton29 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: G5 Dual 2Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram

You could try downloading Pacifist from MacUpdate or VersionTracker, if you drag and drop the OSX install disk onto the Pacafist window which will allow you to reinstall iChat.
QUOTE Thanks
christm

christm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the roughchristm is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

try searching for ichat with spotlight because you may have just deleted the shortcut
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firewall help please :) | powerpoint converstion to .mov issues »