New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Won't Save Mail Password

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Steve1

In one of my mail accounts (yahoo.de) I am not able to save the password.
Mail> Preferences> Account info. I have tried 50 times. I write the password, click on Close>Save. I open to check and the password is not there!
On my other mail account it saved the p/w the first time. Oops... now that p/w is no longer there.
I have run Connection Wizard. It finds my Web.de server but the Yahoo.de server (mail & smtp) gets the error message: 'trying to log into this server failed. Please check username & password'.

This is very frustrating as I left Windows for my new iMac to get away from this type of problem. Ironically, I now have to get my Yahoo Mail via my old PC or log on through the website.

Mail version 2.0.7
iMac Tiger
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari text size | Java? »