New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iphoto Crashed?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jaster

jaster will become famous soon enough

Please help. My iphoto may have crashed? I went to open my iphoto today and my photos won't load. I clicked on iphoto and the screen came on that says loading photos with the little spinning circle next to it, but thats all it does. the loading photos screen wont go off and the circle just spins and spins and spins non-stop. I am running iphoto 4.0.3 on osx 10.3.9 on an ibook. the iphoto app does not appear to be frozen as i can minimize it, close it out, open the different menus in iphoto, but my pictures wont load. I am not trying to upload any photos from an outside source, i am simply trying to view my photos already loaded inot iphoto. Did i lose it all? Did it crash? if i try to redownload iphoto itself, will all my photos be lost? Anyone have any ideas what may be happening here and how to fix it?
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Try holding down Command (Apple) + Option (Alt) whilst you click the iPhoto icon in the Dock, when iPhoto loads, you should get some repair options. Click all the options on and let it do its thing.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
jaster

TY Vicky, tried that, nothing changes, still stuck on loading photos
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Did the window pop up though? (The window with the repair options)

I should have mentioned that you need to keep Command + Option held down after you have clicked too.
QUOTE Thanks
jaster

Still unable to get my iphoto working, tried the command + option, didnt get a repair option. I am out of ideas on how to get my iphoto working again
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes randomly starting | Unsubscribe link »