New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Handbrake Issues.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Ok, I've found a quirk with Handbrake and would like to know if anyone else has seen these. For some background, I just bought an iPod Video and am moving some of my DVD collection to it for use outside the home.

I can rip a movie to my HDD (on either of my Macs) at whatever settings I want. When the rip is done I must restart the Mac or the next Rip will not complete. The next Rip will get to 100% complete and the countdown will stop with 01 second left and never finish. I then have a Ripped movie that will not play in QT and that I can not pause or finish in Handbrake. If I restart the Mac between rips, this problem doesn't happen. The only time I can avoid restarts is to Que. up multiple DVDs, but after they finish I have to restart.On both systems, this is likely to happen if I am logged in and have the machine in use for something else. On both machines, if I return it to the login screen (without logging out) the rips will consistently complete. This leads me to believe that something on either machine is hanging up Handbrake.

Anyone else had this issue?

Mac Stats:

G4 Desktop (Sawtooth), 1.3Ghz, 1Gb RAM, OSX 10.4.5

iBook, 1Ghz, 768Mb RAM, OSX 10.4.5

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX-Based Web Browser That Allows Active X Controls? | Adium »