New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Firefox or safari?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thadoggfather

thadoggfather is an unknown at this point

what is your preference and why? the scrolling rendering on safari can get a little funky sometimes. . .
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

I like safari for reasons such as its abliity to sync up bookmarks with .mac, and I like its styling and how well it works with the os.

Tried firefox, I didn't like it to much.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

I prefer safari, it just feels native (and by native i mean made by apple) and clean.
QUOTE Thanks
Beemer

Beemer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Intel 20" Mac

I use Camino which is based on Firefox for MacOSX. Safari is not to bad.
QUOTE Thanks
Kokopelli

I use Camino most of the time. Then trade off between Shiira, Safari, and Firefox the rest.

Safari is the defacto standard and is very fast. I have a few problems with certain pages but nothing awful.

Shiira is fun and uses webkit. The last release has been less than stable for me though.

Firefox (I use the optimized Deerpark version) Is also fast, though painfuly slow to start up. It is not as fast as Safari IMHO but it is still quite good. Extensions are a great thing though, giving you all sorts of options.

Camino has a native feel to it and is fast. As fast as Safari for me, maybe a bit faster. It does not support Firefox extensions though, which is a shame. I am not sure exactly why I use Camino to be honest. I switch my primary browser occasionally but always come back to Camino.

I use Quicksilver, Ma.gnolia, and ListMixer for bookmarks so swapping between browsers does not really bother me.
QUOTE Thanks
zachwass2000

I use safari mainly because it loads very quickly and its just really nice and clean like OSX. I use firefox occasionally because of all the good extensions.
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

I stopped using FF, it was getting old with all those extensions.. I now use Shiira & Opera, once set-up to your liking Opera rocks..
QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

safari works just fine for me

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
MJGUK

I personally prefer Safari.
Like other people have said I just prefer the clean, integrated Apple style.

Plus it is VERY quick
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Testing iChat | Possible to Sync FireFox BookMarks w/Safari? »