New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Notations on e-mails

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

beetone

beetone is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro and iPad2

I am using Apple Mail version 1.3. I would like to be able to make notations on messages received or, occasionally, on copies of sent messages. For example, it would be useful to attach a note (to myself) to an incoming message that it was cleared by a subsequent phone call or discussed with a colleague, etc. This is common practice with incoming "hard copy" correspondence.
Can this be done with later versions of Mail or, for that matter, with any other e-mail clients?
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

It can not be done in mail. but there is another mail client out there made by microsoft, it is called entorage.. I don't know if it can do what you want but alot of people here at the forum use it. maybe they will have more insight then I do.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

In Entourage you can flag an e-mail, and there is a notes section where you can place your desired information.

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
kcoates55

The original question is an old one, but asks for the same info that I did in another topic. The flag and notes are handy, but there isn't an indicator telling me that I have attached a note. I would like to be able to insert, directly into a received or sent email, a note for follow-up. There is an app for Apple's Mail, although the name escapes me now, but I'm an Entourage user.

There's a script to change the subject. Is it possible that a script could be written to do the same within the body of the email?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pictures | Great Sync App »