New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes - install earlier ver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ibjill

ibjill is on a distinguished road

How can I install an earlier version of iTunes. Like 10.6 much better.
QUOTE Thanks
ibjill

Seems no one recommends this. Let me flesh out the problem with complicated details.

Have Lion OX 10.6-7. Am waiting for a disk with Mavericks. Have iTunes 11.2.2. Besides that I HATE that apple feels it knows how I like my layout, which they don't; it is nowworking, not downloading anything. Yes, I've reassigned permissions, no; I cannot update, obviously, and do not know how to reinstall. I downloaded 10.6.3 v. which is compatible. If I'm going to reinstall, I want the older version of iTunes and updates be gone, at least until Mav comes via mail.

Does this help someone to help or discuss or support my dilemma?

Truly, literally, in the desert,
ibjill
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I'm not sure what's going on but Mavericks is not available on disk. It is only available as a download from the Mac App store. (free download) Are you referring to Snow Leopard which is OS X 10.6.X? Snow Leopard is the last version of OS X which comes on disk.

To answer your question.... you can not install an earlier version of iTunes.
QUOTE Thanks
ibjill

Thanks for answering. The company where I bought my mac pro from is burning a CD of Maverick for me because they were suppose to have installed it before sending my new computer and I have a very limited internet broadband connection.

It's too bad about not being able to install an earlier version of iTunes. I use the earlier version (10.7) on both of my other computers (windows) and I'm very glad that windows does not force me to upgrade like mac does. I really hate version 11.

I have Lion installed currently. Wasn't sure about whether it was OS X 10.7 or 10.7, but I guess it's 10.7.

Thanks again for the answer.
ibjill
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I put a photo over my numbers folder | AppleScript: Auto-accept Calendar Invites »