DVD Creator Needed
    I need to find a DVD creator/burner that works well with Mountain Lion. I want to burn DVDs of slideshows I created in iPhoto. Any suggestion?

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    If you're just looking to burn pictures, you can do this right from Finder: File > New Burn Folder. Are you looking to simply disseminate pictures or are you looking to create a disc that accomplishes something (shows a slideshow when put into a DVD player for example)?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

More particular details would sure help - are you looking for a compatible CD/DVD burner if your recent Mac is missing one, or software to use???????

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP win 10
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

I'm just curious cradom if you have used or had much experience using "Burn" with OS X 10.9.x Mavericks???

I used it all the time with SL and have only been using Mavericks seriously for about six months now but haven't tried it and it doesn't seem to have been updated for some time now.

Specs:
    Haven't used it on Mavericks. I prefer and use Toast.
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

Thanks for the Replies
    Thanks for all those helpful replies. I should have given more info. To cut to the chase, I was able to burn my slideshow for replay in a DVD player on my HD TV using Toast 10.09. I first tried burning with the Finder but my DVD player couldn't read it. Is there another program you would recommend for burning slides shows and home-made video onto DVDs suitable for playing in a DVD player and viewed on a TV?

Specs:
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    Burn, as above.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Another vote for Toast Titanium from Roxio.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Another vote for Toast Titanium from Roxio.

Which version??

The old Roxio versions or the later versions from various developers or the latest Roxio (now part of Corel Corp) version???

The older versions were great until it started going goofy for many with its various and often expensive upgrades, especially if one missed any special deals, including myself. But then I found Burn to be better anyway. And cheaper, but I haven't used it with Mavericks.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondo View Post
    I first tried burning with the Finder but my DVD player couldn't read it. Is there another program you would recommend for burning slides shows and home-made video onto DVDs suitable for playing in a DVD player and viewed on a TV?
    By burning it with Finder you probably burned it as a Mac disk, while most DVD players expect PC type disks for photo disks.
    That's why I prefer using a dedicated application. When using Toast I burn as a hybrid (mac & PC ) disk. Of course this doesn't apply when burning as a DVD movie.
    -Lazarus Long

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    Version 11 for me.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information