New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

DVD Creator Needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bondo

Bondo is on a distinguished road

I need to find a DVD creator/burner that works well with Mountain Lion. I want to burn DVDs of slideshows I created in iPhoto. Any suggestion?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If you're just looking to burn pictures, you can do this right from Finder: File > New Burn Folder. Are you looking to simply disseminate pictures or are you looking to create a disc that accomplishes something (shows a slideshow when put into a DVD player for example)?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
pm-r

pm-r is a jewel in the roughpm-r is a jewel in the rough

More particular details would sure help - are you looking for a compatible CD/DVD burner if your recent Mac is missing one, or software to use???????
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

The free Download Burn for Mac - Easily burn data, audio, video disks and more. MacUpdate.com
The best Download Toast Titanium for Mac - The ultimate media toolkit; disc burning, video conversion and more. MacUpdate.com

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
pm-r

I'm just curious cradom if you have used or had much experience using "Burn" with OS X 10.9.x Mavericks???

I used it all the time with SL and have only been using Mavericks seriously for about six months now but haven't tried it and it doesn't seem to have been updated for some time now.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future

Haven't used it on Mavericks. I prefer and use Toast.

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
Bondo

Bondo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all those helpful replies. I should have given more info. To cut to the chase, I was able to burn my slideshow for replay in a DVD player on my HD TV using Toast 10.09. I first tried burning with the Finder but my DVD player couldn't read it. Is there another program you would recommend for burning slides shows and home-made video onto DVDs suitable for playing in a DVD player and viewed on a TV?
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Burn, as above.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Another vote for Toast Titanium from Roxio.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
pm-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Another vote for Toast Titanium from Roxio.

Which version??

The old Roxio versions or the later versions from various developers or the latest Roxio (now part of Corel Corp) version???

The older versions were great until it started going goofy for many with its various and often expensive upgrades, especially if one missed any special deals, including myself. But then I found Burn to be better anyway. And cheaper, but I haven't used it with Mavericks.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo View Post
I first tried burning with the Finder but my DVD player couldn't read it. Is there another program you would recommend for burning slides shows and home-made video onto DVDs suitable for playing in a DVD player and viewed on a TV?
By burning it with Finder you probably burned it as a Mac disk, while most DVD players expect PC type disks for photo disks.
That's why I prefer using a dedicated application. When using Toast I burn as a hybrid (mac & PC ) disk. Of course this doesn't apply when burning as a DVD movie.

QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Version 11 for me.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Numbers update | Help - missing draft email »