New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Recovering iTunes Library

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

carava12

carava12 is on a distinguished road

iTunes recently crashed and I received an error message that the "iTunes Library.itl" file was damaged, marked as such, and replaced. I have no recent Time Machine backup (foolish, yes) and was surprised to find no previous library files. There were two .tmp files, a 44mb one from the previous day, and an 11mb one from the time of the crash. I tried marking and importing one and then other as a new "iTunes Library.itl" file. After several errors, both imported almost all of my library (which comes from two different folders), but finished with another error, and I don't know how to determine what is missing. The playlists were also gone.

Is there anything more I can try to reimport the whole library from these files. If I had to rebuild the library from scratch, is there anywhere else that the playlist data is stored?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by carava12; 06-30-2014 at 03:56 PM.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
If I had to rebuild the library from scratch, is there anywhere else that the playlist data is stored?
Check here:

/Users/your name/Music/iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries/

If you don't find what you're looking for there, or the previous library info is missing, you'll need to rebuild the playlists.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using Parallel 9 on my IMAC 10.9.3 | Ms outlook »