Specs:
    MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3
    Time Machine Acting Stragely
    Hey guys,

Have just started noticing that time machine is acting a little strangely and I'm not sure its backing up.

When I hit backup the Time machine icon changes briefly to the attached image (see below) and then it says it has complete backing up, even though I have just added a 7gig video file to my desktop. When I search the latest backup (or the entire timemachine) for that new video file, it is no where to be found. I have over 250gig free on my backup drive.

Can someone inform me as to what might be going wrong?

thanks a lot

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.6
    Hi Josh - just to help others respond better, please provide information on your computer, OS X installed, and method of BU (assume you are using an external drive; if so, brand/model).

For myself, I've not noticed any problems lately (on Mavericks) - just did a TM BU today on my MBPro and had added 3 MP3 classical music discs (Classicsonline) - checked and all were in the new backup, as expected. Dave

Specs:
    MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3
    Quote Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
    Hi Josh - just to help others respond better, please provide information on your computer, OS X installed, and method of BU (assume you are using an external drive; if so, brand/model).

For myself, I've not noticed any problems lately (on Mavericks) - just did a TM BU today on my MBPro and had added 3 MP3 classical music discs (Classicsonline) - checked and all were in the new backup, as expected. Dave

Hey Dave, thanks for responding. Heres some info;

OS/Source Disk: 10.9.3 on a newly installed SSD in a Late 2008 MacbookPro (Unibody)
    TimeMachine/Target Disk: Western Digital 2TB Usb HD (last backup to this disk might have been from 10.9.3 on my old internal HDD - would this make any difference?)

many thanks,
    Josh

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    last backup to this disk might have been from 10.9.3 on my old internal HDD - would this make any difference?
    Yes, that can make a difference. Can you verify if anything at all was backed from the new drive you installed? Or do your backups just show information from the drive you replaced?

Enter Time Machine and check the backup dates in pink on the right side to see what they show. Since the sparse bundle is from the old drive, that might be all that's there.

Thread Information