New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Automator Service not appearing in Aperture

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Allsop

Allsop is on a distinguished road

Hi, A new member here! Can anyone shed light on what is wrong please? I have written an Automator Service, (see attachment) explicitly to use in Aperture but it will not show up in the Service Menu. In fact there are only 4 services showing under the heading “General” and no others. Any ideas?
Cheers
Andrew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-05-31 Fig 01.jpg (182.5 KB, 12 views)
QUOTE Thanks
ghostotter

ghostotter is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Welcome aboard - I'm a new member too.

I'm not familiar with Aperture, but I have used Automator a bit. An obvious thing I can see wrong with your workflow is that your workflow is providing an input of "Text" whereas the Aperture action is expecting to be supplied an image.

So, I'm assuming that the service will only be available if you have some text selected, and will then give you an error because your action expects an image.

I can't be too much more help since I don't know Aperture. Hope that sets you off in the right direction though.
QUOTE Thanks
Allsop

Allsop is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that, yes it should be set to None.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allsop View Post
Thanks for that, yes it should be set to None.
If that does not work change it to graphics or whatever it says. Don't remember the exact wording. Some services have to be rather specific about the input that they get.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iCal won't let me NOT enter a time for event | iTunes Store TV listings »