New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Updating Office for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

M*J&M

M*J&M is on a distinguished road

When I download an update I get this :

Office 2011 14.3.7 canít be installed on this disk.
A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.

This happened when I tried to install vs 14.4.1 and then 14.6.9.

I am using v 14.3.6

Any ideas what may be the problem?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*J&M View Post

Maybe all of this downloading & installing has the computer confused. You mentioned versions:

I'm confused by all the numbers!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Moved here to the proper forum.

Quote:
When I download an update I get this :

Office 2011 14.3.7 canít be installed on this disk.
A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.

I am using v 14.3.6

The latest update for Mac Office 2011 is 14.4.2. There is no such update = 14.6.9. And you can not update from 14.3.6 to 14.3.7 because later updates have been issued. Microsoft updates to Office are cumulative. Start your updater and download the 14.4.2 update which will include all previous updates. If you receive an error and can not download the latest, you may have to re-install Office. Let us know.
QUOTE Thanks
M*J&M

Just tried 14.4.2 and got "Update can't be installed on this disk.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hope that your hard drive isn't full.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
M*J&M

288 GB available.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK. That may be due to several reasons. One mentioned by Nick - no drive space. However, the most common reason that message shows up is because of corruption of the user identity or Office data base. This can be caused by using a utility called "Monolingual" or another similar utility which purports to removing languages or unwanted PPC code from OS X. Office 2011 will not update if either has occurred.

As I stated in my earlier reply, you may have to re-install Office in order to update it. Office 2011 does not have an uninstaller since it creates a myriad of files and folders scattered about everywhere. MS has detailed uninstall instructions which you can follow from here.

This does not remove your personal files, documents, and templates, however, it's a good idea to back them up anyway. And, most important.... make sure you have your product code id to reinstall otherwise you will be locked out. Office 2011 needs that code to activate.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Being that Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office are made/developed by the same company...I have found over the years that MS Office (just like versions of Windows) can be "confused" easily.

"Update me" the way I want to be updated...or I'm going to refuse to work!

I don't know if this will help...but maybe running the free maintenance app "Onyx" may help. Part of the Onyx maintenance is repairing permissions, cleaning out caches, etc.

Titanium's Software • Index page

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
M*J&M

Thanks everyone. I tried it all and the info I got from officemachelp.com and I now, after a couple of hours securely deleting. a workable v14.4.2
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

OK, great. Thanks for posting back.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Office 2011 update | Call of Duty 2 Graphics problem »